Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Michael James Franco

Michael James Franco
10/14/1946-08/31/2008

In Life
In Laughter
In Loving Memory
Son – Brother – Father – Uncle – Grandfather

We all have memories of Michael
it is through tears of sorrow
that I share mine with you
[To see my pictures of Michael go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10657129@N07/sets/72157607078679038/]

Michael was special because he was Michael
Because he loved each one of us,
Each of us in his own way
Because he was part of us
and he will always be a part of us

SOME OF MY MEMORIES OF MICHAEL
Coming home from the Navy
Tthe car accident that broke his jaw
Michael eating dinner through a straw
(Momma ran it through the blender first)
the leather craft store
The panel van, no seats for us kids, but lots of love

SOME OF THE THINGS I AM THANKFUL TO MICHAEL FOR
For making the time to visit me every time I came down

For helping throw daddy the best birthday party EVER

For being a loving caring brother who,
like Bill, Mickey and Karyn, helped me to stand proud ;
to understand that I am accountable for what I do and who I am

I know he was proud of me,
proud of us,
proud of being a member of our family

Family is important to each of us
just as it was important to Michael

Dad, Mom, you raised us to be great kids, great adults;
that, as the song goes,
“The greatest thing,
we’ll ever learn,
is just to love
and be loved in return”

I know Michael learned that lesson.
You can tell just by looking at his family,
Deanna and his daughters, his grandchildren
His love will go on.

Today we each grieve the loss of another Ortega.
Ok so Michael was born a Franco, so was I
He was raised in an 'Ortega' home in the Ortega way.
Think about it. Only half of us are Ortega’s.
Some are born into the family
some marry in, some are grafted in.
However you look at it, Michael was an Ortega.
He always will be.
So to my Big Brother Michael
I love you and always will
Julianne

No comments:

Michael James Franco

Michael James Franco
IN LOVING MEMORY 10/14/1946-08/31/2008

Labels